Cave Canem Fellows & Faculty Fund
Cave Canem Foundation established the Fellows & Faculty Fund in 2020, originally to help support members of our community during a time of global hardship. As Cave Canem continues its mission to foster community across the diaspora, these grants will serve as a resource for Fellows to nurture their poetic pursuits and help them create (and implement) programs that make access to Black Poetry more equitable for all. The fund offers two types of grants to Fellows and Faculty:
- $500 - to use at the discretion of the recipient (usually for urgent/unexpected expenses or as supplemental support of artistic practice and development). Grantees who receive funds in any given year are eligible to apply again in the following year, with preference given to first-time applicants.
- $5000 - to underwrite creative ventures by Fellows that are regionally-specific. New projects or those in the early stages of development (e.g., poetry reading/reading series; panel discussions relating to poetry; spoken word performance; print/digital poetry publication; or static, poetry-inclusive, public artwork) that have a deep, lasting, and positive impact on underserved regions of the United States, with particular emphasis on Black communities. (This year's project grant applications deadline is Feb 15, 2023.)
Individuals who wish to donate to the fund may do so here.
- Complete, sign, and date a W9 form.
- Complete this online Submittable form, including a brief statement (maximum 250 words) describing what the grant will be used for. (This information will be used solely to improve how Cave Canem serves our Fellowship and Black poets in general.)
- Grants are automatically disbursed via Zelle or Paypal. The names of applicants will not be published and all submitted information will be kept confidential.
Questions or concerns should be sent to the Director of Programs, Dante Micheaux: email@example.com.